"To live the gospel of Jesus Christ and to be God's love with our neighbors in all places."
- Our Upper New York Annual Conference Vision Statement
The primary tasks of the Upper New York Annual Conference are to:
- Recruit, train, equip and deploy transformational clergy and lay leadership so that our congregations will joyfully and faithfully live out the vision of UNY.
- Resource our local churches with effective tools and practices for effective disciple-making in the 21st century, and re-forming the church for vitality, relevance and fruitfulness.
- Nurture a planting culture where people are recognizing the movement of the Spirit in their neighborhoods to plant new communities of faith; and, provide the training, support and resources needed for people to plant new, sustainable communities of faith.
- Align resources to support the purpose of the annual conference and the mission of the local church and implement a system of accountability for mission and ministry at all levels.
- Communicate how we share a common mission as United Methodist Christians in the 21st century.